UNESCO jobs is a unique and interesting task since it allows you to gain a more complete picture of the countries and cultures of the world. The world expects the United Nations to solve complex problems. The issues addressed by the UN are as diverse as the proposed career opportunities. The UN activities cover all the tasks that modern society faces: peace and security, human rights, humanitarian activities, socio-economic development, and much more. Work at the UN is work for the benefit of all mankind. To be able to function effectively as a global organization, the United Nations constantly needs competent and dedicated staff.
Benefits of UNESCO jobs
In addition to the interesting environment and work and strong colleagues (very professional and open), there are a lot of positive things in work at the UN.
- Work-life balance. There is a requirement for the number of hours that must be worked out per day and per week. It is possible to adjust your working day as necessary.
- Good working environment. The offices create good working conditions for service – cafeterias, a library, a gym, a garden and more.
- Versatile development. In addition to the fact that the UN always hosts a huge number of different conferences and meetings that you can go to and listen to, various trainings on personal development are also organized here.
Who can apply for UNESCO jobs
Each of us would like to have a decent job with decent pay and another bunch of charms. However, we are all different, and therefore we choose different areas and different jobs. There are several main categories of staff at the UN – these are P-staff (professional-staff), G-staff (general-staff), NF (national professional officer), F-staff. UNESCO jobs offers a wide vary of jobs where everyone can choose something. However, first of all, the future employee must have certain skills. The main requirements include:
- Fluency in several foreign languages. The working languages of the UN are English and French. The official languages of the United Nations are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish.
- The presence of work experience. Most positions are sought by specialists with 3-5 years of experience in projects in the same field.
- The presence of higher education. In most cases, it should relate to the topic with which you will work. Therefore, if you are determined to enter the field, take care of obtaining a specialized higher education.
Each job requires own skills. However, these points are important for any group of posts. If you take care of refining these skills, you will have a great chance of getting a UNESCO jobs. The United Nations accepts applications for employment from citizens of all Member States.
How to apply for UN job New York
The UN is constantly required to work knowledgeable and hardworking specialists of various profiles from different parts of the world. Therefore, if you want to apply for a job, you need to do these steps.
- Open the link career.un.org and find the “Search Job Openings”.
- Set up the necessary filters on qualification. Then, click “Search”.
- Check the vacancies (you will be able to switch between the categories at the top of the table).
- Go to inspira.un.org and create a profile and a job application for the chosen vacancy.
Return to the job opening and click “Apply.”