The United Nations Development Programme is remarkable for its noble aim to help countries around the globe at all stages of their development. Thus, working for UNDP you will have an amazing chance to get acquainted with different cultures and add to the well-being of humanity. The organization’s other goal is to eradicate poverty, providing nations with enough resources and knowledge. There are 177 countries involved in the UNDP. Working for the organization, you will not only increase your chances of getting a good job in the future but also grow mentally.
UNDP vacancies offer different opportunities
So, if you have always dreamt about changing the world and helping people, you may be interested in UNDP vacancies. You should understand that it is possible to apply for several positions, but it’s better to think it over carefully, as every position has specific requirements (you can have a look at them at the official website). Some positions require working experience and higher education, some do not. Make sure you meet all the requirements listed, as if you don’t you won’t have even minor chances of getting a job. If you are a serious candidate, you will get a response, otherwise, you won’t. UNDP vacancies are sorted by categories, so let’s have a look at those:
- Crisis Response
- Gender Equality
- Democratic Governance and Peacebuilding
- Climate and Disaster Resilience
- HIV, Health and Development
- Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction
It is possible to filter vacancies based on their type and location, so you won’t have any problems looking for the one to suit your needs and qualification. Having chosen a position, you have to apply for it via the official UNDP website. Be attentive and check everything twice not to reduce your chances of getting a job by making minor mistakes. Remember that all candidates’ applications are reviewed carefully. Besides, your application will be compared to the others, so try your best to make it flawless. If you will be chosen, you will be interviewed. After this, you’ll have to wait for about two weeks to get a final answer.
UNDP vacancies: the instruction to follow
Applying for UNDP vacancies is not difficult at all. So, here are the steps you should go through:
- Open the official website and register in UNDP’s eRecruit system. Having done it, you will have your personal account ready.
- Have a look at the jobs available and look through their descriptions not to overlook anything important.
- The next step you should do is to fill in all the sections required, including personal information, job requirements, education, employment history, training, and certification. Be attentive, as all of these may increase your chances.
- Then complete references (you should have at least three references).
- Complete motivation statement.
You are ready now to submit your application!
As a rule, it takes about two weeks to get an answer. If there are many candidates for the position you have selected, it may take a bit longer. So, be patient.